The Army JROTC uniform is worn during school one day per week. An inspection will occur during the JROTC class that day, and then formation and marching drill skills are practiced.
Classroom instruction includes
- Citizenship in Action and Leadership Theory & Application
- Foundations for Success in Life Career
- Health & Wellness
- Map Skills
- Environmental Awareness
- Citizenship in American History & Government
- Physical Training (one day per week, similar to gym class)
Cadets have the opportunity to lead and follow in assigned positions within the Tiger Battalion such as
- Class Leader
- Squad Leader
- Platoon Leader/Sergeant
- Company Commander/sergeant,
- Battalion Commander/Sergeant
The program is intended to be run by the Cadets, with the guidance and oversight of the instructors.
- Attend before and/or after school practices in formation and marching drill skills, rifle drill skills, color guard drill skills, and other subjects in preparation for city JROTC competitions.
- Saturday field trips to drill competitions
- Map and compass orienteering in parks
- Sports Challenge
- Raider Challenge events
- Memorial Day Parade and more.
- Attend a Spring Break trip or Summer Camp