Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps
Sullivan JROTC is a program to “motivate young people to become better citizens”. Cadets strive to make respect and discipline their habits. It requires leadership and teamwork. Students have a choice to take JROTC or P.E. as a freshman or sophomore. As a junior or senior, JROTC is an elective for credit.
About the Program
The Army JROTC uniform is worn during school one day per week. An inspection will occur during the JROTC class that day, and then formation and marching drill skills are practiced.
Classroom Instruction Includes:
- Citizenship in Action and Leadership Theory & Application
- Citizenship in American History & Government
- Map Skills
- Foundations for Success in Life Career
- Health & Wellness
- Environmental Awareness
- Physical Training (one day per week, similar to gym class)
This program is intended to be run by the Cadets, with the guidance and oversight of the instructors. Cadets have the opportunity to lead and follow in assigned positions within the Tiger Battalion such as:
- Class Leader
- Squad Leader
- Platoon Leader/Sergeant
- Company Commander/Sergeant
- Battalion Commander/Sergeant
- Attend before and/or after school practices in formation and marching drill skills, rifle drill skills, color guard drill skills, and other subjects in preparation for city JROTC competitions.
- Saturday field trips to drill competitions
- Map and compass orienteering in parks
- Sports Challenge
- Raider Challenge events
- Memorial Day Parade and more.
- Attend a Spring Break trip or Summer Camp