- Students will know themselves as readers and grow as readers through robust data collection and targeted reading interventions and instruction.
- Sullivan High School provides a unique targeted reading program where a student’s program is tailor-made to each individual student.
- Students have access to an extensive traditional as well as Young Adult library in each and every Humanities classroom, personally curated by their teachers to include some of the newest, most highly reviewed, and most culturally responsive and relevant literature available -- check out any book at any time from any room with the simple scan of a barcode.
- The vast resources of the Chicago Public Schools virtual library are also at every student’s fingertips thanks to our partnership with SOAR and our 1:1 Student to Chromebook ratio.
- Students will engage in an anti-bias, multicultural, and social justice curriculum. They will follow a framework that will help them develop knowledge and skills related to both prejudice reduction and collective action.
- Juniors will learn how to analyze social problems in our city and country, and then apply those skills through an action project (service learning) based in Rogers Park. The goal is for students to make concrete change about a neighborhood-specific issue they care about.