Sullivan High School Local School Council
July 25, 2019 12:30 p.m. Room 132
I. Call Meeting to Order
The meeting was called to order at 12:47 p.m.
II. Roll Call
A quorum was present: Mr. Adams, Ms. Hawley-Williams, Ms. Akimbpelu, Mr. Berrol, Ms. Chrisp, Ms. Evins, Ms. Mosak. New parent Pascal Ngimbous Bissdhong also attended.
III. Approve Agenda
The agenda was approved.
IV. Approve Previous Minutes: April and June
The previous minutes were approved.
V. Principal’s Report
- Principal Evaluation: Principal Feedback on Evaluation (closed session)
- LSC Organizational Meeting to elect new roles for SY20 – Follow CPS Guidelines Document and Sign-in Sheet at Conclusion
The Annual Organizational Meeting Notice and Agenda is attached. The meeting was called to order at 2:05. Mr. Berroll was the temporary chair and Ms. Mosak was the temporary secretary. The agenda was approved. Ms. Chrisp and Ms. Shuffleton were unanimously elected as the new LSC chairperson and secretary, respectively. Agenda items 8, 9, 11 and 12 were tabled. Ten regular LSC meetings are planned for the school year, tentatively the third Friday of every month at 9:30 a.m. The next meeting will be Wednesday, August 21 at 9:30. The organization meting was adjourned at 2:25.
- Budget Update: School Budget and Internal Accounts
The school budget and internal accounts are attached.
- Participatory Budget Project: 10th Grade Students Presentation
The students voted to improve the bathrooms. $10,000 is budgeted for this.
- Attendance Initiative Student Idea for Next Year: Santi Kami
- Uniforms vs. Dress Code: Student Voice Committee Presentation
The Student Voice Committee presented their proposal for a dress code based on the Evanston Township High School Code. They will revise their proposal to reflect LSC input. The LSC will vote on it in August.
- Academic Updates: Summer Planning for Teachers and Next Year
- Athletics: Girls and Boys Cross Country, Football, Girls volleyball, Cheerleading
- Arts and Activities: Summer Camps Galore!
- Other Updates: Gym Update
A hole was discovered in the ceiling. The gym can’t be completed until it is fixed.
VI. New Business
- Sullivan Student Fees – Distribution
- Sullivan Shirts for Students that pay fee
- Student Orientation Thursday, August 22, 9:00 – 11:00 Freshmen, 11:00-12:30 – 10th, 11th and 12th graders
- Back to School Community Events: Network CPS Wednesday, July 31st at Mather HS, and Ald. Haddon School Resource Fair August 10th, 12:00-4:00 p.m.
- The Passing the Torch ceremony for CTE students will take place August 9 at Malcolm X College.
VII. Public Comments
Thank you Ms. Hawley-Williams and Ms. Voinea for your service!
The meeting was adjourned at 2:43 p.m.